No visas required for Zambian passport holders
This Visa Exemption will be for the period of Ninety Days (90) per calendar year and will apply in the following circumstances:-
1. Visits to the United Republic of Tanzania for holidays,
2. Private and Official Business Visits and,
Visa Application form
See Link Below
For those seeking visa for Tanzania we offer forms for you to print, complete and send them to our office in 5200 United Nations Avenue, Lusaka Zambia.
The granting of a Tanzanian Visa is, in effect, only a form of pre-entry clearance. It does not guarantee permission to enter Tanzania. The Immigration Officer reserves the right to grant or deny admission at the point of entry. Visa holders are subject to normal Immigration control at the port of entry. They should therefore carry with them, for possible presentation to Immigration officers, the documents submitted with their applications. Travellers to Tanzania require a valid Visa each time they enter the United Republic of Tanzania.
There is a standard Visa fee of US$50 for a single tourist entry. Please call +260 211 253323 / 4 to get the equivalent of 50USD in Zambia Kwacha, as the rates are quoted on a weekly basis. The quotations are made on Mondays 9:30am. In order to avoid unnecessary delays, those who proceed to Tanzania from a country where there is a Tanzania Diplomatic Mission or Consular Office (such as Zambia) are strongly advised to obtain their visa prior to their departure to Tanzania. Clearing preferences at the all entry points in Tanzania will be given, first, to those who possess visa issued by Tanzania Missions and Consulates abroad and, secondly to those who come from countries where there is no such a Mission to issue such visas.
Important notice for VISA applicants:
- Visa rates may change (sometimes) without prior notice.
- VISA processing time shall be one working day (24 hours) from the date of submission.
- Notice is hereby given that all incomplete VISA application forms shall not be accepted.
- All applicants are strongly advised to observe and comply with all VISA regulations and requirements (see below) before submitting an application.
- VISA processing hours are from 9:30am to 12:30pm, Monday to Friday
- Visa application submission ends at 11:00am on Monday to Friday
- Visa collection is done at the same time 9:30am - 12:30pm on Monday to Friday
- Priority visa collection is done at 3:00pm on Monday to Friday
- A VISA form should be submitted with a valid passport, at least six months before the expiration of the passport for a single entry visa. Visa fee for a single entry is 50 USD.
- For double entry visa the validity of the passport should be at least be 12 months before the expiration of the passport. Visa fee for a double entry is 70 USD.
- For multiple visa, the validity of the passport should be at least 18 months before the expiration of the passport. Visa fee for a multiple entry is USD 100.
- Application forms should be accompanied with one recently taken passport size or ID photograph (colour).
- VISA costs USD 50 (equivalent in Zambian Kwacha) for a single entry tourist VISA of three months. Please call (260) 211 253323 / 4 to get the prevailing rate in Kwacha.
- Visa is three months valid from the date of issuance.
- An extra USD 20 is charged for rush services which takes 6 hours and collected the same day. Submissions should be made before 11:00am.
- VISA payment is made through the bank(account) the particulars of which are found on the VISA application forms.
- Provision of purchase of ticket to and from Tanzania. Also provision of proof of having sufficient funds to maintain the applicant while in Tanzania.
- Support an application for business or professional engagement VISA with a Letter of Invitation from a Tanzanian counterpart or a Letter of Intent for the same by the sending institution.
- VISA for research, journalism will only be granted after the applicant has been cleared by the Commission of Science and Technology (COSTECH), P.O. Box 4302, Dar-Es-Salaam. Tel. 255-22-270-0745, Fax. 255-22-275313. And the Tanzania Information Services, P.O. Box 9142, Dar-Es-Salaam. Tel. 255-22-211-0585 or 212-2771 or 211-2860, Fax. 255-22-211-3814 or 211-6474 respectively.
- In the event of the expiration of an issued VISA, before being utilized, the applicant has to re-apply for a new one, and no refund is done to the payment made.
Nationals of the following countries do not require VISA when intended stay does not exceed three months:
Anguina, Antigua and Barboda, Ashmore & artier Island, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Island, Brunei, Caicos, Cayman Island, Channel Island, Christmas Island, Cocos Island, Cook Islands, Cyprus, Dominica, Falkland, Gambia, Ghana, Gibrlatar, Grenaa, Guernsey, Guyana, Heard Island, Hong Kong, Islo of Man, Jamaica, Jersey, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Mc. Donald Island, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Naue Islands, Nauru, Norfolk Island, Papua New Guinea, Pitgain Island Group, Ross Dependency, Rwanda, Singapore, Solomon Island, St.-Helena, St.-Kits & Maladives, St.-Lucia, St.-Vincent & The Grenadines, Swaziland, Sychelles, Tokelan, Tonga, Trinida & Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Western Samoa, Zambia, Zimbabwe
In Zambia, VISA can be obtained from the following address:
Tanzania High Commission, 5200 United Nations Avenue, Lusaka, Zambia
P.O. Box 31219, Lusaka, Zambia.
Tel.: +260 211 253323 / 4
TYPES OF VISA
TOURIST VISA & BUSINESS VISA.
Multiple tourist visa is available for up to twelve months obtainable at the High Commission of the United Republic of Tanzania in Lusaka. For more details contact the visa section at the High Commission. A letter from an established company in the Zambia will be required to introduce the applicant, the nature of the trip and the business contact in Tanzania.
Visa Section is open from 09:00a.m to 3:00pm, Monday-Friday, with the exception of public holidays in Tanzania or Zambia.
Who should apply for a Tanzanian Visa
If you are a national of one of the countries or territorial entitles below or if you are stateless or hold a non-national travel documents or passport issued by an authority not recognised by The United Republic of Tanzania, you must have a valid visa on each occasion that you enter Tanzania.
Nationals who needs special clearance prior to their departure to Tanzania are:
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Chad, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Lebanon, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Senegal, Somalia, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Uzbekistan and all refugees and stateless persons.
Any citizen travelling on a passport of any of the following countries MUST obtain visa for Tanzania:
Albania; Angola; Argentina; Armenia; Austria; Azrabaijan; Bahrain; Belarus; Belgium; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia; Brazil; Bulgaria; Burkina Faso; Burma; Burundi; Cambodia; Canada; Cape Verde; Central African Republic; Chad; Chile; China (Peoples Republic of ); Colombia; Comoros; Congo; Congo (Democratic Republic of ); Costa Rica; Cote D’Ivoire; Croatia; Cuba; Czech Republic; En Mark; Djibouti; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; El-Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Estonia; Fiji; Finland; France; Gabon; Georgia; Germany; Ghana; Gibraltar; Greece; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Holland; Holy See; Honduras; Hungary; Iceland; Independent State of Samoa; India; Ireland; Israel; Italy; Japan; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Korea (North & South); Kuwait; Kyrgyzstan; Laos; Latvia; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Macedonia; Malagasy; Maldives; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mexico; Moldova; Monaco; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Netherlands; Norway; Oman; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Poland; Portugal; Qatar; Romania; Russia; Sao Tome & Principe; Slovak Republic; Slovenia; South Africa; Spain; Suriname; Sweden; Switzerland; Syria; Taiwan; Tajikistan; Thailand; Togo; Tunisia; Turkey; Turkmenistan; Ukraine; United Arab Emirates; United Kingdom; Uruguay; Uzbekistan; Venezuela; Vietnam; Yugoslavia (all travelling documents issued by former SFR of Yugoslavia or by present Yugoslav Authorities.)
Visa fee for Ireland passport holders is USD 100. (Please call (260) 211 253323 / 4 to get the exact amount of fees in Zambia Kwacha as the rates of Kwacha to Dollar are fixed on weekly basis on Mondays 9:30am.
Visa applications for American passport holders are for a multiple entry, and charged at a cost of equivalent to 100 USD and more, depending on the duration requested. Please call (260) 211 253323 / 4 for the exact amount in Kwacha.
Visa fee for Pakistan passport holders is US$200. Please call (260) 211 253323 / 4 for the exact amount in Kwacha.
If you are a national of any country not listed or described above you may also need a visa.
Contact the nearest Tanzania Mission for Information.
If you are travelling to Tanzania on study tour, you must obtain an entry clearance, particularly if you wish to:
- study in Tanzania
- work in Tanzania (unless you hold a work permit)
- set up business in Tanzania
- go to live in Tanzania as a person of independent means; or a company or join someone going to Tanzania for any of the above purposes
Applications for all such categories are dealt with at the Immigration Headquarters in Tanzania.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A VISA
If you wish to apply for visa you should fill in the application form which you can get free of charge from the nearest Tanzanian Mission or from this web site. You should check with the Mission whether or not they are able to process your category of application. If they cannot, they will advise you where to apply. Your application form may be submitted by hand or by post together with:
- your passport
- a recent passport-sized photograph - (Colour)
- a bank deposit slip as a proof of your payment made at our bank account appearing on our visa application form. Check deposits are not accepted
- faxed bank transactions shall not be accepted. Please don’t fax them! Submit them with your application.
Visa fees must be deposited in our bank account. the account number is as follows, and appears at the bottom of the application form:
Account Holder Tanzania Visa Office
The officer responsible may then be able to make a decision your application without further inquiries. However, you might be required to attend an interview, and in addition may be asked for further documents.
Please note that if the issued visa expires before being used, you are required to apply for a new one by fulfilling all previous conditions without exception. AND ONCE VISA ISSUED, FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
For Application of Work Permit
P. 0. Box 9014
DAR ES SALAAM
For Application of Residence Permits
DIRECTOR OF IMMIGRATION SERVICES
P.O. Box 512, Dar-es-Salaam
Telephone: 09 255 211 8636 / 37 / 40
Fax: 09 255 211 2174 / 81 / 1090
Types of Permits
There are three types of resident permits available in Tanzania. Self employed foreigners (investors) are required to apply for a Class A permit; while foreign employees must be approved for a Class B permit. Class C permits are relevant for other categories of residents, such as students and missionaries.
Applications for A and C permits should be forwarded directly to the director of Immigration Services while applications for Class B permits should be forwarded to the director of immigration Services through the Labour Commissioner.
The Labour Commission is only involved in the issuance of Class B permits.
Residence permits can only be applied for at the Immigration HQ Dar es salaam.
Class A permits
- Application Form TIF.1 can be obtained at the Department of Immigration Services. There is no charge for the form and no processing fee. Along with a completed application form, the following items must be attached: Memorandum and Articles of Association, Curriculum Vitae of investor, Verification, Birth Certificates, five(5) passport size photographs, and project write-up.
- There is a fee of US $1,500 for a class A permit, which is generally valid for two years. Permits can be renewed for additional two years for US $750.
Class B permits
- To hire a foreign employee, a class B permit must be applied for by the firm. The application form is available from the department of Immigration (Form TIF. 1) at no cost and there is no processing fee. The application form should be accompanied with the following: 5 photographs, birth certificate, 5 curriculum vitaes, academic qualifications, proof of experience, organizational chart, offer of employment and proposed contract.
- The labour Commission reviews the application and makes a positive or negative recommendation to the Department of Immigration.
- Class B residence permits have a fee of US $620 for two years (re-entry pass included, there is a renewal fee of US $250).
- A form should be completed by all foreign companies, groups, or individuals who seek permission to undertake assignments as journalists, photographers, film/video productions, producer’s media researchers and book writers.
- Television and film/video producers should submit letters outlining reasons for shooting pictures in Tanzania. They must also attach a synopsis or script when forwarding their application.
- -All applicants are advised to submit this form at least one month before the commercing date of assignment.
- Application form for Tanzania
- Application form for Zanzibar