The Director of Immigration Services is also vested to issue special permits known as Certificates of-Exemption to envoys accredited to the United Republic of Tanzania, Consuls, and foreigners whose services have been contracted by the Government. Exemption certificates are granted free of charge with no processing fee.
Requirements for this certificate are:
- A copy of the pages of the passport containing the information of the passport holder
- Five passport size photos of the applicant.
- Introduction letter from the Organization which has employed the applicant.
- Job description of the applicant
- C.V of the applicant.
- A completed application form to be downloaded or provided by the Immigration Office.
- No payment is required for this kind of permit.
Where applicants are to be accompanied with dependants the following documents must be attached with the application the application form:
- Identification pages of the dependent(s) passport(s)
- Marriage Certificate
- Birth Certificate of the child or children
Processing time is usually 2 weeks.